I understand why you used to threaten to throw all of our toys away when we were kids. We thought it was unfair and ridiculous, but I see it clearly now. I understand why you expected us to help with the chores.
Sometimes, it’s just too much for one woman to handle. I’m beginning to think that maybe you were the Asian Superwoman.
I get it now. Even though we had a ton of toys, you still continued to buy us the new ones because we just had to have them. I understand because even though my kids have mountains of things, we continue to add more things.
The proof that mountains can grow is in each of their rooms.
In fact, it has now gone beyond their rooms. There is even a mountain of toys that started growing in front of the bathroom door today.
These kids are small, but mighty mom. You should be so proud. They moved those there all by themselves today. I had them neatly put away in Jackson’s new toy box.
I’m amazed how easily these children move mountains. They do it so quickly and so effortlessly.
Much more quickly than I was, when I spent hours putting everything away only days before.
I have been working on getting Ashley to start helping by cleaning up her own room. Take a look at what a great job she did.
She says this is clean because before she pushed the mountains of toys against walls, I couldn’t even walk through the door and get to the bed.
So mom, I understand now. Perhaps it took me 32 years, but you can write that one off of your list.
Your daughter Michelle
My 5-year-old daughter is really into jokes right now. I sat down with her the other night and we took turns telling jokes to each other and laughed until we were too tired to laugh anymore. These jokes have likely been around for a while, but you still may come across some you have never heard or had simply forgotten.
- Why did the chicken cross the playground? – to get to the other slide!
- What’s black and white, black and white, black and white? – A penguin rolling down a hill!
- Why was the man running around his bed? – He wanted to catch up on his sleep!
- How did the barber win the race? – He knew a short-cut!
- Why was 6 afraid of 7? – Because 7 8 9!
- What do you call a pig that knows karate? -A pork chop!
- Why do cows wear bells? -Because their horns don’t work!
- Why are bees hair so sticky? -Because they use honeycombs!
Here are a couple of my daughter Ashley’s jokes that she literally, just made up.
- Why did a pumpkin squash himself? – Because it wanted to! (She had herself cracking up at this one, even though I didn’t get it! Maybe she was thinking of a pumpkin squash?)
- Why did the ghost scare itself? -Because it had a mirror on its head! (I can kind of see where she was going with this one, Haha)
A few knock knock jokes you may or may not have heard of:
Little Old Lady
Little Old Lady who?
Hey, I didn’t know you could yodel!
Cow says who?
A cow doesn’t say who, it says moo!
Owl says who?
Yes. You’re right. An owl does say hoo!
Smell mop who?
(Haha, say it a few times if you still don’t get that one.)
Hopefully you came across a few that you haven’t already heard. I know we had a lot of fun with them, and it’s always great to have things like this to entertain your kids with. Especially if you live in areas where winter brings freezing temperatures and snow and the kids are stuck indoors.
And remember, every joke on this list was 5-year-old tested and mommy approved, so that has to count for something! Enjoy!